Total’s introduction of PointMan lifting products Total Structures boldly asserts ”Chain hoists aren’t new, but they can be made better“. Throughout the show Total’s Elmer Veith shows a crowd of interested onlookers how simple it is to take apart a PointMan hoist while extolling it’s virtues
To prove their claim the focus of their LDI exhibit focused on demonstrating a number of the hoist’s unique qualities including:
- Rated IP65 (Totally protected from ingress of dust and largely protected against high pressure water jets from any direction) as standard including factory installed load sheave drain to prevent internal water accumulation.
- Multi-voltage ready: 180V-3P to 500V-3P operation with low power consumption for use with existing control systems
- Unit comes double reeved standard for field modification to operate at 2x the capacity at ½ the speed.
- Standard Electronics module across all size hoists for reduced service inventory
- Units are supplied with or without internal limit switches (2 position or 2 position with emergency). All units fitted with mechanical chain stops
- Available with all industry standard connection combinations like dual twistlock, 7 pin connector, or 14 pin connector
- Single or double brake; with double brake also available as a post-sale, retrofit option to existing single brake units
- 25% Duty factor as standard with higher duty factor units available
- Factory fitted with handles and power cable strain relief connection point as standard
- Hoist and chain bag will operate in “motor-down” or “motor-up” orientation without modification
- Low headroom rigging plate or hook suspension, capable of both swivel and fixed operation. Field switchable without additional parts