New from Clancy is the Alpha Chain, a black alloy chain for rigging specifically developed for theater. The black chain eliminates glare and reflection, made of hardened alloy meeting OSHA requirements for sling usage. The Alpha Chain has a 3250 lb working limit based on a 4:1 safety factor. All chain is stamped with JRC with a date code on every 10th link for traceability.
JR Clancy was also showing people their Powerlift line of automated hoists. Designed to greatly enhances the impact productions with seamless scenery changes and dramatic movements. PowerLift hoists are in use in schools, universities, and professional theatres worldwide. Some of the benefits of the line include:
* Predictable, consistent scenery movements at every performance with SceneControl® and Altus™ consoles.
* Dual-brake system to ensure reliable stops and hold loads securely for long periods.
* No need to handle counterweight or climb to loading galleries.
* Clancy’s built moving drum winches for 50 years, resulting in compact winches that free up backstage space.
* PowerLifts are ETL Listed.
* PowerLifts can be provided with optional load monitoring to stop movement in case of overload or underload, and to display the lifted load.
PowerLifts can be mounted vertically on the fly tower wall, minimizing space requirements. Horizontal mounting is also available. Access to the PowerLifts is required for mandatory OSHA maintenance and inspection. The PowerLift family of hoists gives you the choices you need to meet your rigging requirements
JR Clancy was also a co-winner of the Rock our World award for their work on the Winspear Opera House providing 85 counterweight sets, 16 highspeed point hoists, a custom retractable chandelier and steel framed fire curtain.