Enttec was on hand showing their new Datagate. It is an extremely flexible bridge between control and fixtures/dimmers. It can form the backbone of a network, provide optical isolation, merge levels from multiple streams, and translate between DMX and Ethernet protocols.
Some of the tasks you can configure a Datagate to perform include:
- DMX Hub/Splitter
- DMX Merger (HTP or LTP)
- DMX -> Ethernet
- Ethernet-> DMX
- RDM Gateway
- RDM Sensor Info Gather / Report
- DMX shifting
- Simple Scene Playback or Test Frame Generation
- Hot Spare for another Datagate
or any combination of the above.
The unit comes with:
- 8 DMX ports (input or output)
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 RS232 input for profile selection via serial command